Friday, June 8, 2018

So now it's June... and some news.

1) My partner and I have a band, though it's a studio band only, being's there's just the two of us. But we are slowly working towards an album. Thus far, we have three songs. I'm practicing the drum part for the next one.

The band is called Punk Rock TreeHouse.
The album will be entitled Mischief.
The songs are on Instant Dogma productions, and here are links to listen to them, yes, for FREE, go 'head, you know you wanna:

This is the first song, called Manifesto: instantdogma.net/TH/Manifesto.mp3
This is the 2nd one, called The Man: http://instantdogma.net/TH/The_Man.mp3
And here is a video, even! For number three, called Division: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCb3ay8TPSU

There! Can't beat free awesome music. Though we will be selling the album (for cheap! get one!) when it's done!
So, it's me on drums, and some percussion, and even sharing vocals for Manifesto, and my partner on everything else, including production and engineering.
Enjoy!

OH! And here is the link to Instant Dogma home page, in case ya wanna buy more stuff from before Punk Rock TreeHouse: http://instantdogma.net/

2) More news... I dunno if I said, but my boy is working!!! A job, even! He works at McDonald's. He's been there like 5 weeks.
Which:
Teenager + McDonald's + longevity (I think 5 weeks at fast food really is longevity) = pretty amazing.
And, his schedule is more or less consistent-- not complaining at all!
He's not much liking McD's, but he is liking a paycheck. And he's putting money towards a new phone, which he already put a hefty down payment on, and is paying it off in 5 weeks (well, 4, now, since today's payday). I'm pretty proud of him for the commitment.

3) My job... ye gods, it's getting hard. It's so hard watching an old person decline, especially one I've cared for for over two years. Stuff is taking twice as long to do half as much. Poor thing 😢

4) My partner A and I are celebrating a year of partnership at Midsummer, so she's coming to visit me on the 13th for the weekend to commemorate. That'll be fun! I'm excited to see her... it's been since like November.

5) Weather: Still not very summery. Last post I had 2 of the ACs in, and since then I've put in my bedroom one, but haven't much needed them. For the past three days I've still worn long sleeves to work. Yeah, but they ain't no climate change, uh-huh... I'm still mostly wearing flannel around the house.
And Litha is in two weeks.
D and I will be going to Asphodel. They're asking for to bring yellow foods to the potluck... I am at an utter loss as to what to bring that's diet compliant to the lowest common denominator. Or at least something I can eat 😂 I'm thinking Baba Ganoush and some cut veggies, maybe multi colored peppers... at least they look sunny 😊

Happy Midsummer, y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment