Friday, June 15, 2018

Couple of quick updates.

Juneteenth, almost https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth

I am sitting in my quiet Mom Cave (living-room), for probably the last time till Tuesday afternoon, because my partner A is coming to visit for the weekend-- which is awesome! But y'all know me, introverted quiet-time one. It's all good. She honors my need for silence when I ask.
Coffee, also... YUM... all the coffeeeeee................

My poor boy... he'd gotten a job at McDonald's, and he was not all that happy there; I mean, it is McDonald's after all, but he was making money and doing the very best he could. And he wasn't good enough for the one manager he mostly worked under, and he got the word that he was fired yesterday. Through a third party text. How freaking lousy is that.
So I have to say, I am really proud of him for putting his all into a menial piece of shite job, working with lousy a-holes, and being the better man for not blasting that manager out the wahoo, which he really oughtta. His firing reason was a clear bunch of guano.
I hope he gets back up on the horse soon, after a weekend of grieving. I feel so bad for him. Learning the ways of adulthood and the working world is SO hard.

A and I are going to be celebrating our 1-year anniversary as partners. We're exchanging kitty-cat rings and having a little ceremony.

I had an absolutely epic date with my partner D yesterday, as I won't be going to their house for the weekend.

Today it's overcast and not even 60*F, and Monday it is supposed to be ninety-seven freaking degrees. I shall wilt. I think I shall have the boy and A help me put in the kitchen AC over the weekend!

Oh, and next weekend... Midsummer at Asphodel, then Sunday is the Punkcake Alterno-Art Pop-Up and Flea at Ralph's... the first one for the summer! I am so there. I reconnected with Friend Scott M from college (1980, whoa), who lives in Lynn, MA, and he's hopefully coming to hang with me, along with Friend Jo from my first band Distortion, and maybe a couple other old punkers 💓💗

I'm so glad I am who I am. I'm so grateful I grew up when I did. My life is so awesome. Punk rock STILL rules. And oh, by the way, Punk Rock TreeHouse is working on our 4th song. Almost 1/3 of the way to an album!

No comments:

Post a Comment