Saturday, May 5, 2018

Beltane, and D's Birthday

For the last two days, it's been 87*F, and I scurried to put the air conditioners in... in two rooms. I have four air conditioners, come by in a free and lucky way, three of them.

I put one in my son's room, because his room is in the center of the house, and only has one outside wall, and it gets beastly hot in there.

I put the one in my Mom Cave (living room), because that room has two sunny windows, and also gets beastly hot.
I survived my bedroom, last night, without. I used fans.

Today, it's blessedly cooler, and looks to be that way for the next week, at least. I think I can take my time with my bedroom AC, thank all the gods, because it's not so simple as putting it in the window... I have to move the bed to the other wall, which involves cleaning out underneath, and vacuuming. It's kind of a project, though not a long one. I shall do that next week.
Because! And because... today is my partner D's birthday 💕💕💕

And it's also the Beltane celebration at our place of... hmm, worship? Not the right word, but it's the one that comes to mind. At the First Kingdom Church of Asphodel, which really is a church, albeit a Pagan one. It's a 401c3 non profit, and yeah, they could use donations, if anyone feels so inclined. Their house at the farm could use some serious work before next Winter. They all went kinda without heat for the last month, or more, of this Winter.
Here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KingdomOfAsphodel/

For D's birthday, the radio station that D volunteers at could also use some funding-- they are a community radio station, which, I have learned, is utterly different from a public radio station. It's the only one, so it doesn't get all that huge backing that some public stations do. Here is the link to that Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wcuw91.3fm/ and there is a DONATE button up to the right, on that page.
It's a wicked cool station-- I'm not generally brand-loyal when it comes to radio, but I tend to have my car station at 91.3 more often than not. They're pretty awesome.
And you can also stream it online: http://www.wcuw.org/ and you can donate there, too. Even like $20, if you have it, is helpful!
D's show is The Freeway Freak, Monday nights from 5-7pm Eastern Time, and the show is called The Drive at Five. There's a Drive at Five every weekday, and all the DJs are different, but all the shows are cool. Friday night blues is awesome, too. I'm so exciting that I hang my laundry to that, almost every Friday *giggle*

So there's my free promotions to things I care about. I'm not involved in any way except I care. That's it 💖

So it's May.... I pulled a tarot card for May, and my card was the Four of Wands, which is Fennel in my Herbal Tarot deck. There is a picture of two folks dancing-- fairies? Angels? They have wings. One is dressed in pinkish, and one in blue. Both their wings are blue. One is blonde and one is brunette, and they have their arms about each other, and they are above the ground, feet not touching the Earth. The wands and the fennel grow tall all around.
I took this to mean to play, be light-hearted, dance!
The booklet says, among other things, balancing of opposing wills and spirits. I am taking this to mean, for May, be light hearted, lighten up, dance, play, and seek BALANCE!

Blessed Beltane, all! And happy, happy birthday, to D. I love you, dearest one 💗💙💚💛💜

2 comments: