Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Beltaine!

Oh, so Merry Beltane 💜💛💚💙💗

I'm sitting in my Mom Cave, at near to 6am, gazing at the newly waning Moon. It's now light out before 6am.
My teen now has a job! And they have a half day of school today. He asked could he stay home and not go, that plenty of other kids are not going, and I said sure. Why not. It's a stupid motivational speaker and I'd want to stay home, too. He has to work 2-9 tonight-- he doesn't normally home from school till 2:20, so you betcha those McD's folks have a bead on the school calendar and knew they could eke another hour out of my boy.
So I'm sitting here, as I said, in my Mom Cave, enjoying an extra hour of quiet because the boy is sleeping. and I don't have to be the motivator. Yay!

Did you wash your face in the morning dew yesterday? To retain your youthful beauty? I did. As I do every Beltaine. Other than that, I worked, and I lost sleep last night because the night before, I had to pick up my boy from work when it was past my bedtime. So I came home and took a nap.
I was going to go for a date with my partner, but they had to work late and they were wiped out, so we didn't go... which is probably good, 'cause I fell asleep by 9:30 and I have to pick up the boy past my bedtime again tonight.
I need to learn this art of The Nap.

We shall celebrate Beltane this weekend. May 5th is my partner D's birthday. We'll be going to the Beltane ritual at Asphodel, where we celebrate all our holy days, and I hope to dance the Maypole, which I love. I think I shall wear purple. And I would like to paint my toenails purple, as well. And then go to D's house and celebrate Beltane proper, and also D's birthday 💗

Oh! We have a song! Our band is called Punk Rock Treehouse. It's only the two of us right now, so no playing live unless we get other people-- studio band only, for the moment. And if you can believe it, D has talked Sheena into doing what Sheena Does Not Do, which is sing-- I'm sharing lead vocals, GASP! Hush, you 😜 Here is the link to the song, which is called Manifesto: http://instantdogma.net/TH/Manifesto.mp3

Have fun with that! And Merry Beltane!

No comments:

Post a Comment