Tuesday, March 13, 2018

March 2018

Here it is almost the ides of March 2018, and we are having the 2nd Snowpocalypse of the month.

I am so grateful that work called me to ask if I wanted to call out, because I was waffling back and forth about it. I've called out so much, it seems to me, because of weather. I don't think I'm going to lose my position over it, but the thought had occurred to me.
I'm a caregiver for the elderly and disabled, in-home, and those folks don't ever take days off or have holidays, and I really should be there... and if I worked more local to me, I would have gone in. But my client is an hour out and I am NOT getting caught on the side of the road in a blizzard with my kid and two cats at home. Nope nope nope.

So that said, I haven't much had the heart to write anything for a very long time, because of the crazy surreal world that the United States is in. I feel like I live in a Dali painting. There is an email loop I subscribe to, called What The F*** Happened Today, about all the things that happened today re: the White House and such. And every day I read it and I really DO go to myself "What the f***...?"
Yes, it is that crazy. That surreal. And it's like... it's like the New Normal. Nobody bats an eye. Me, I have eyes as big as tea saucers over every new weirdness. Everytime I think something can't get more crazy... it does.

Right now I am sitting in my Mom Cave, the living room that mostly only I occupy, which is why it's my Mom Cave, and it's Snowpocalypse and it's blizzard conditions and it's 7:25am and the whole world is not awake except for plows. And there's a huge, thousands-strong murder of crows flying madly from West-ish to East-ish over my house. Making a mad racket. They've been doing this for a good half hour. Nutty crows. I wonder what they're up to in a snowstorm? But I love them and I am glad they are here. Stay safe, crows <3

My partner and I are starting a music project. It's exciting to be practicing drums for a song-- I haven't done that in years and years. It's fun, yay!

Not much to say. Just trying to restart my writings.

2 comments:

  1. Great that you have started writing again!! CONGRATS!!
    I re-started my blog over the weekend as well!!
    I think it is a great way to free our minds for bigger and better things....as well as sharing our thoughts and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Send link and I'll follow ya back if'n ya want. :)

    ReplyDelete