Saturday, September 5, 2015

Septober!

Oh, my very favorite season. My friend Heather, as far as I know, coined the term Septober. I love it. Well...honestly I don't know if she made it up herself, but she passed it on to me.

Mostly it's still been H.O.T., but I have been feeling Fall in my bones for a week or two, now. Yesterday, I looked out my window, and watched the dead oak leaves whirl and dance in our little parking lot. The leaves have not yet started to turn. They must be from last year? But there they were, frolicking in the wind.

Today, I watched the itty bitty birds-- I think they are house sparrows-- pecking at tiny tidbits only they could see, out in the street.

I think my favorite part of being a Witch is intentional Paying Attention. My fancy gets caught by things most people don't seem to notice-- a change in the wind, birds, clouds, patterns. I'm learning, watching, all the time. Sometimes I get busy with the mundane, as we all do, but when I remember, all it takes is a shift of attention, and...bam! Magic happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment