Sunday, April 17, 2016

I forgot I had a blog ~blush~

Been busy mommying, and working!

Up here in Massachusetts, it's so different from NC. I'm still, almost 3 years into being here, getting used to being here. People talk funny ;)
Also, the seasons are all shifted around. Here it is the middle of April, and it's still in the 30s at night, I still have plastic on my windows, I still very occasionally use the space heater to take the edge off, in my bedroom.

We had a very late Winter this year. It was warm warm warm up till like January, then BAM, Winter. Spring is late to start, now, also. It's about 50s in the day and 30s at night and I still have the flannel sheets on my bed.

That's alright. There's daffodils out, now, and dandelions, yay! And wonder of wonders-- it's still too early to tell, but I think there's chickweed growing between the grass and clover on the strip between the sidewalk and the house. I know I shouldn't eat what's there, because cars and traffic and ew, but man... I've really missed chickweed. It's on my top 10 list of favorite plants.

I can't wait to make a new dandelion salve this year, too. I'll have to find someone who doens't live right here in the city, and who doesn't spray, that I can harvest them from. And plantain, too.

4 comments:

  1. "Hah,,,hah,,,hah!."😄😂. Did i remind you of your blog?. "Yap!." this weather is crazy; been in MA for 18 months now, came from PA; which is no different from here; but this spring hasn't sprung yet!😯.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes, you did, thank you! Have we met? Where in MA are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No we haven't met;living with my aunt on 4th street in worcester.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete