Monday, September 8, 2014

A Whole Year

I can't believe we have been here a whole year 'round, already. All the seasons. All the holidays. Mabon is upon us again.

I think we have found a Pagan home! We go out to a place called Cauldron Farm in Hubbardston, MA, about 40-odd minutes away. We've been to two of their public rituals and I had a great experience-- I find that as long as I insert myself into the ritual, I always experience magick. It's all about intent, but sometimes that gets forgotten in the new.

The Boy does not participate in ritual. He is 13-1/2 and is exploring his own spirituality, and what he believes. I think right now he identifies as agnostic, which is perfectly reasonable for a boy of his age. I don't force him to participate. I would love if he grew up Pagan, but I honestly don't care, as long as he is fair and true and not judgmental about other people's paths, and loves his path with all his heart and does not just pay lip service
.
I'm dieting-- which means, I want to get about 8 more pounds off, and I don't think I will do it by Mabon. I was going to just stop dieting so that I can have Harvest foods, but I think it is more important that I don't just take off the weight I gained back-- I want to take off more. So I think I will be dieting through Mabon. That's alright...I'm there for ritual and camaraderie anyway.

{Man...that word is hard to spell}

I can have my own Mabon feast later in the week, or the next week. I can appreciate harvest without having to ingest it on a certain day. Believe me, I will gorge when it's gorging time. For me, right now, it's time for scarcity. And that's OK.

And...the weather broke, finally, I think. Yay! Because two days ago, it was 88* and that is just way too hot for me. I found my last year's diary entry, though, and on September 11th, it was 89*. I think I shall not take out the A/C units just yet. Just in case. In case there is one last blast.

I'm actually looking forward to Winter. I am thoroughly enjoying the Autumn, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment