Friday, August 31, 2018

Last day of August

Finally.... OMG, how I loathe Summer.

I know, I know... I'm so in the minority. Whatever. I'm not good in the heat. I'm that Witch in The Wizard of Oz when they throw the water on her... "I'm melting; I'm melting!"... Yep, me. In the heat. We have a blessed relief from it for the weekend, and dang it! For Labour Day and the next dang WEEK, that I can tell, back up to 90* again. Frackity frack.

I am so grateful for air conditioning. I do not know how people stand it otherwise.

I knew this mom back in Asheville who was from Florida, if I remember correctly, whose daughter was in my kid's homeschool group, that LOVED the heat. She loved it in the 90s and could live in tropics... oh HELL no, not me, nope nope nope. All for her. My friend Jessica lives in Arizona and loves it, too, and the humidity, and I see her as a plant that revives with a drink of water. Maybe it's living in that Arizona dry heat that fuels her need for humid, I dunno.

Anyway. Tomorrow begins the season of SEPTOBER, and I shall spend part of the weekend decorating a little, and redoing my altar for Mabon.

School is back in session. My boy is a senior! Yowsa. As Gretchen Rubin says, the years are long, but the days are short. Ye gods. He's like 5'8" or 5'9" and towers over me, and I'm his little Hobbity mama. The mornings, this week, have been so pleasant. I'm grateful for that, too.

Our Song Challenge song is done, with video! I'll post a link once we submit it to the challenge.

I'm having a grateful day, so far 💓

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6pnfr3IrA&feature=youtu.be

1 comment:

  1. The link above is our YouTube video and recording of Elton John's "Take Me to the Pilot", which was our assigned song for the challenge. I think we did an epic job, myself :D

    ReplyDelete