Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Finally, snow! Weather! Yay!

It's only a dusting, but there must have been ice, because vehicles are having trouble making it up and down my hilly street. We're near the bottom. I can see that cars are driving probably fine on the highway, but the 1/4 mile it would take for me to get to the highway would be an issue. It's slippery out there, seems like.

There's a AAA tow truck outside our driveway. I think it's for someone in the building, but not sure. The tow truck pulled backward into the driveway and had trouble getting back out, with his tires turning and not getting any traction.
Yikes.
It's finally seasonal! It's not inches and inches like NPR said it was going to be, but I'll take it.

I don't get people complaining about the weather. I have caught my ownself doing it, but I'm getting better.

Weather falls under Things We Cannot Change, and I'm a big fan of the Serenity Prayer. I'm working on getting better at following it. Super simple, but not easy! 

In case y'all are not familiar, here it is:

"God/dess, grant me the Serenity

To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference."

See? Hard as the Wiccan Rede-- which, for a religion having one "rule", is not easy. Try it.

Here is the Wiccan Rede, if you're unfamiliar with that, too:

"An' it harm none, do as ye will."


Remember, "none" includes yourself. See? Because if you are not saying a simple "thank-you" to a compliment, for instance, brushing it off and saying "but...", then you are dissing yourself and that's harming. I'm trying not to go "ugh" at every photograph taken of me. Because harm.

Right now I am white-lighting the tow truck and the AAA guy and my neighbor. 
I'm practicing gratitude for those folks who go out in weather to help people, even if they do get paid for it, because they signed up for the job to begin with, so they deserve my prayers and gratitude. 

It's a day for staying in and eating soup. Drinking tea, or coffee. Being homely-- as in, doing home things. Hibernating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment