Monday, March 2, 2015

Spring is on its way, I am sure of it. I can smell it. I can feel it in my very fiber. And for the first time in years and years, I am looking forward to it.

Because of all the snow, I'm guessing. We didn't have that in Asheville. Much. I hear they got hit with a bit of storming, lately, though! I think it's fun when the whole city shuts down.

My family, and many people I know, would have it 80* and sunny all.the.time. If they could. Heck, not me. I love winter. Summer is my very least favorite season, but I am going to learn to appreciate summer this year if it kills me!

I saw a whole flock of crows today, cawing their little heads off. I love crows. LOVE them, and they make me so happy. I wonder what kind of omen it may have been to have a whole couple of dozen of them above my head as I came out of work? There is nothing so nifty looking as the silhouette of crows, sitting on the brances of a bare tree in the winter.

I have noticed that I notice things, such as sounds, of crows, of trains-- I stop and listen. They make me perk up my ears. I wonder do other people do that, but I think they probably go through life with blinders on, and earplugs. I would like to think they do not.

Ramble, ramble....I do apologize for my blathering, this time. I shall try to be more coherent in future!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Spring is here in Madison County and even more so in Asheville. Trees budding and leafing, birds pairing off, frogs and toads hatching. . . which isn't to say that we couldn't get another snow and/or freeze.

    I too like seasons that change. The cold winter makes me SO appreciate the mild temps of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you wrote...right before I saw that, I had the blog page up to make sure I wrote today! Wow, no green here yet. Still dirty snow and such, but go look at the new post. It's awfully pretty today, now.

      Delete